Huron County Veteran's Memorial Benefits
- Search for document to verify services for necessary funeral arrangements.
Free County Graves
- Woodlawn Cemetary in Norwalk, Ohio and Maple Grove Cemetery in Woodlawn, Ohio have graves located in veteran's sections for indigent veterans only.
Indigent Burial Benefit
- Veteran has no savings or insurance to cover the expense of his/her funeral.
- Family has no funds to pay the funeral bill in full.
- Funeral bill must not exceed $999.00
VA Federal Burial Benefits
- Veteran was in receipt of pension or compensation from the VA or died in a VA facility or VA contracted nursing home.
- The VA provides a U.S. flag at no cost, to drape the casket of a veteran who served honorably in the armed forces.
- The funeral home can arrange this for you.
- The Department of Veterans Services provides the Grave Marker at no charge. We will assist in filling out the application.
- If a veteran's grave marker needs to be reset, please notify the cemetery superintendent.
Presidential Memorial Certificate
- A certificate which bears the President's signature expressing the country's grateful recognition of the veteran's service in the armed forces. Applications are taken daily in our office.
- Supplied by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- More Information Here: http://www.cem.va.gov/cem/pmc.asp
- Locates DD214's for department or funeral homes to order military honors.
- Assists families with arranging memorial services.
**For information email: ClerkHCOVSO@Gmail.com