To schedule transportation you must call (419)668-4150 and have your name placed on the list.
All transportation is on a first come first serve basis
We provide free transportation to the VA medical facilities of Wade Park, Parma, Sandusky, Lorain, Mansfield
- Full Name
- Day Time Contact Number
- Last Four Social Security Number
- Date, Time and Name of Clinic
Scheduled departure times:
Leave Huron County Veteran Service Office : 7:30 a.m.
* We depart Wade Park once all appointments are completed
Huron County Veteran Services Transportation Policy:
1. All passengers must be ambulatory and able to get in and get out of the van without the assistance of the driver.
2. A caregiver, for the purpose of providing aid and attendance to the veteran, may be permitted to ride in the van with the veteran. Notice must be given at the time of reservation. Call (419) 668-4150 for details.
3. Veterans must be ready to leave at the time scheduled for pickup, the driver will not wait. Appointment cancellation must be reported to the Veterans Service office as soon as possible. 48 hour notice is preferred.
4. After 2 NO SHOWS, without calling this office will result in a 6 month suspension from riding on the County VAN.
5. Smoking, eating and drinking is prohibited in a county vehicle.
6. Passengers should not engage in any activity that would distract the driver from his duties.
7. State law and county policy requires all passengers without medical exemption must wear seat belts any time the van is in motion.
8. Please do not leave trash inside the van.
9. The driver will not make any nonscheduled stops.
10. The driver may refuse transportation to anyone he feels may cause disruptions in safe transportation.
11. As a courtesy to others, passengers must maintain personal hygiene.