Serving Veterans Since 1886
130 Shady Lane Dr
Norwalk, OH 44857
P: 419-668-4150
F: 419-663-6215

Email Us

The American Symbol of Freedom and Way of Life The Veterans Service Commission oversees the operation of the Veterans Service Office. We provide temporary financial assistance to indigent veterans, spouses, dependent children and surviving spouses. We also assist veterans in obtaining earned benefits from the Federal, State, and local levels of government.

Temporary Financial Assistance

Emergency funds for food, housing and utilities may be provided to veterans and/or their dependants. Qualifying veterans will have established three months of residency in Huron County. The following factors will be considered when determining financial need: proof of veteran status (DD-214 or other separation or discharge record), proof of income, assets, and current bills. Unemployed veterans are required to be actively seeking employment or must provide medical evidence of the inability to work.